Sep 21, 2021
Do you set time aside to prioritize your health and wellness
even as you take care of everything else? Did you know that
prioritizing your wellbeing is a form of self-leadership? To
operate as your complete self in all aspects of your life, you have
to take the first steps and form consistent health and wellness
habits without overcomplicating things.
In this episode of the Legendary Leaders Podcast, we have Carole
Soder, a certified personal trainer, weight loss specialist, a
nutrition coach, and a certified counselor. She’s passionate about
helping women take care of themselves and value their health and
wellness. She has been changing her own ways over the past 25 years
to make sure she takes care of herself, for her and her family.
Listen in to learn the value of giving back to yourself by
taking your health and wellness seriously. You will also learn how
to form long-lasting health and wellness habits by taking small and
- Tap into the small steps that can take you further instead of
making big changes all at once.
- How to change your mindset around taking time for yourself and
- The importance of asking for help and support as a mom, to take
time for yourself.
- Learn to positively talk and motivate yourself in your wellness
- Find your reason for pursuing a healthy lifestyle to be your
- [1:13] Intro
- [5:56] Carole on her mission of helping women prioritize their
health and wellness.
- [8:06] How to give back to yourself by doing a little bit more
towards your wellbeing.
- [9:34] The story of how she got into running, doing races, and
participating in triathlon challenges.
- [15:22] How she shifted and developed a mindset of taking small
but gradual steps.
- [20:33] How taking time for yourself allows you to be better
for yourself and others.
- [25:01] Carole shares some of the ways she balanced being a mom
and taking time for herself.
- [30:34] Take small steps towards your health and wellness and
do the best you can at the moment.
- [39:49] She explains how she helps women form long-lasting
health and wellness habits.
- [48:07] The power of having the motivation to help stay
consistent in your health and wellness efforts.
- “Regardless of the situation, just try to tap into
going a little bit more than you think you can and for sure you
can.”- Carole Soder [16:21]
- “You don’t need to create a big change from one day
to another, it’s about progress, growth, and personal
development.”- Cathleen Merkel [17:06]
- “When we don’t take care of ourselves, we’re not
very good for others.”- Carole Soder [24:17]
- “Positive self-talk can be amazing if people would
tap into it.”- Carole Soder [33:05]
Find | Cathleen Merkel
On Instagram: @CathleenMerkel
On Facebook: @CathleenMerkelCoaching
On LinkedIn: @CathleenMerkel
Find | Carol Soder
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST On
As a Thought Leader in the Mindset & (Self-) Leadership space,
Cathleen supports high achieving, but worn-out women
create a more content & balanced life without sacrificing
their hard-earned success. Following a simple 6 step framework, she
helps you not only reconnect with your inner feminine side;
Cathleen also supports you to rediscover your REAL YOU!
Cathleen focuses on women who lost their sense of purpose, who feel
they are running in a hamster wheel, trying to please everyone but
themselves. She helps you to turn your careers, your social
connections and personal life around so that you will start feeling
fulfilled and excited again about the days to come.
At the end of the process, Cathleen's clients will feel healthier,
happier, energised and clear about their future.
With over 15 years of leadership experience in Retail, Media &
Broadcasting, Engineering and Property Investment, Cathleen has not
only experienced the challenges and opportunities of a female
leader herself; she has also been leading and supporting various
leadership development initiatives within large, complex,
multinational matrix organisations.
Only by deeply experiencing her very personal life challenges –
‘hitting a wall experiences’ –Cathleen was able to redefine her own
purpose, deciding to bring ease and content to as many women as
possible on the planet!
Tune in here:
About Carole Soder:
Carole is a NASM certified
personal trainer and weight loss specialist, a nutrition coach and
NJ Certified counselor with over 25 years’ experience. She
understands human behavior and how to help motivate and teach
people to create changes in their lives. Fitness and healthy living
are a way of life and has been her passion for many years, however
it did not come naturally for her. Carole was never an athlete when
she was younger but found a love for the gym in her late 20s and
craved the adrenaline rush it gave her from crushing her
self-imposed goals. She went from having two left feet to running
the NYC marathon, from not knowing how to swim to competing in her
first triathlon at the age of 36. In 2014, Carole found her true
love and passion in weightlifting, something she believe to be an
essential part of becoming and staying fit. Today at 54, she is
fitter than ever before. Small changes over time done consistently
yields results. She is a motivator with high energy, a mom, wife
and busy working woman who wants to show you that you can do more
than you think you can do. No matter where you are on your fitness
journey, together with Carole, you will reach your goal. Let's